Heart of the Bush

Banner inspiration: Em Leonard

Terms and Conditions - 2023

These terms and conditions form the agreement
between the artist and The Australian Bush Exchange Pty Ltd (Bush Exchange)
that governs the entry of the Heart of the Bush Exhibition & Art Prize
(Heart of the Bush).

By submitting a completed entry form via the artist
agrees to these terms and conditions:

 ·  It is agreed that Bush Exchange is acting as agent to the artist only. Under this relationship the artist remains the owner of the work at all times until sold.

·  Artworks must be 2D and can be executed in (but not retricted to) oil, acrylic, watercolour, textiles, pastels, charcoal, ink and mixed media and includes photography. Photography must not be part of an 'open' edition print run and the artist must provide details of how many prints are included in the ediiton.

·  All artwork included in Heart of the Bush must be for sale.

·  All artists must either supply their ABN in thier entry application or state they are 'hobbyist and' send this form in with their artwork image.

·  The artist will inform Bush Exchange of the preferred sale price of the artwork taking into consideration Bush Exchange’s commission fee of 40% (inclusive of GST) for each item or work sold through Bush Exchange.

·  The artist acknowledges and authorises that the full proceeds of sold work will be deposited into Bush Exchange’s bank account under the condition that the Gallery must retain 40% of the proceeds and transfer the remaining 60% of the proceeds to the artist’s bank account within 30 business days.

·  The artist agrees that work will remain in Bush Exchange’s possession for 3 months after the exhibition opens and will be available for sale through Bush Exchange’s online platforms. Any sales during this period must be made through Bush Exchange. 40% commission will apply to any sales of these artworks for this duration. Any works not sold during this period will be returned to the artist at their expense.

·  Bush Exchange reserves the right to make final curatorial decisions regarding the displayed works.

·  Entry forms must be completed online by the closing date of 11 December 2022, by midnight. Late submission will not be accepted. Finalists will be advertised on the Bush Exchange website and social media on Friday 16th December. Only finalists will be showcased in the Exhibition.

·  Selected artworks must be delivered to the Goondiwindi Regional Civic Centre (GRCC), 100 Marshall Street, Goondiwindi between Monday 19 December 2022 and Friday 13 January 2023 during normal business hours. Please note normal business hours will change during the Christmas/New Year holiday period. Please check with GRCC (Ph. 07 4671 7400) their opening hours during this period.

·  All freight and insurance charges of artworks to and from the gallery (excluding sold works) are the responsibility of the artist.

·  The GRCC will insure the exhibition and artworks whilst on their premises only.

·  Judges decision on selected finalists is final and no correspondence will be made in regard to their selection.

·  Works must be delivered on the due date ready for display. This includes all hanging attachments in the form of D rings on the back at 100mm from the top of artwork for ease of hanging. Arrangement and payment for special fixtures for hanging or display are the responsibility of the artist. Multi-part artworks must be limited to a maximum of three individual pieces (diptych or triptych).

·  All works must be framed for handling. A stretched canvas is considered a suitable frame.

·  Neither the overall height nor overall width of the entire artwork is to exceed 2 metres. The depth is not to exceed 100mm. All size limits include the frame if applicable. The overall weight is not to exceed 25kg.

For any questions please email Bush Exchange
Founder, Bridget Coulton at